Sunday, March 24, 2013

Forestview

This week we finally got to meet the students from Forestview high school  I was a little nervous to talk to them about how I got ready and prepared for college. I didn't think that I would be very relatable to the kids that sat at my table. That all changed after our writing into the day. We were supposed to write about what we thought was most valuable about college. When I heard some of the things they said, they sounded just like me. I saw small sections of my journey to college in each of them. They shared their fears and at the same time I shared mine. Being able to really answer questions from someone whose place I was just in was nice. Maybe they will be a little more prepared than I was.

5 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I was on my way to class. I thought that I wouldn't have much in common with the seniors; especially not my journey to college. But I agree, it seemed like they had a lot of the same thoughts I did when I was a senior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had a different view on the Foresetview UNCC Meetup. I was excited to meet new incoming students and tell them about my college readiness but I thought all we were going to do was write. I was glad that Lacy made this Meetup as fun as possible. I agree with you, it was nice to be able to really answer questions from the highschool students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, once we got comfortable we all realized that we all had the same pressures in getting to college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get the chance to meet them because I was sick. However, it is good to hear that those students are going through the same things that we did last year. I felt that senior year was very tough, especially college decisions. It's good that we were able to give them some insight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I think this was a great experience for them, especially to those who plan on attending this school next year. What's better than being able to sit down with two classes of college students and ask whatever questions/concerns they may have?

    ReplyDelete