For my project I decided to focus on the role models that teenage and young adult females have. I figured that from a certain age you really start to look at certain people especially in the media that everyone else has seemed to put on a pedestal and do the same. I think that as young women our role models now have changed drastically as we have from middle school to high school, and from high school to college. What are the deciding factors of who we pick to look up to? Is it just because others have chosen them or do we have any real good reason? I think that until we get older are reasoning is based on our friends reasoning. We can't really pick the best role models for ourselves until we actually figure ourselves out. To some people all of these women above are considered great role models. It all depends on what you like and hour you are. For me I think that a positive role model for young women should not just be someone who looks good, or acts wild; unless of course that's what you're going for. I think that it should be someone who had good goals and contributes positive things to society beside looking good.

This is really good! I love your topic and it is so true that our generation really looks at celebrities as a role model in some sense. From negative influences to positive.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad someone focused on female role models. I agree that a positive role model should embody characteristics that you highly regard about yourself and goals that you are aspiring to have.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a good start. There needs to be a focus on women role models. You should hold yourself to a higher standard all the time and not be half naked.
ReplyDelete